Protecting Your Investment, Whatever It Is
Whether you own a larger home or a commercial property, you want to be sure that it is well protected. You can invest in alarm systems and security cameras, but when it comes down to it, nothing will beat the immediate relief of a security guard. Having someone stand watch or provide systematic patrolling can give you a certain amount of peace that alarm systems just can’t. For that really secure feeling, rely on Recon Security. We can help with all kinds of on-site security in Oklahoma City, OK. For more information, give us a call at __PHONE__.
What Is On-Site Security?
There are several security options for both home and commercial property owners. You can choose between on-site security and external security options. What’s the difference? On-site security simply refers to the fact that you may actually have guards patrolling or monitoring a security system on the property. External refers to a security company that monitors a property from a different location. In fact, many locations have security systems, but they may be completely self-sufficient. Meaning, there is no other person standing guard or monitoring the system on site. There are sensors and monitors, both of which are very effective, but there is not an individual there to patrol or provide additional security measures. That would be the biggest difference between on-site security and external security.
What can these types of security provide you? Having a reliable security system in place offers a wealth of information and a number of benefits. You’ll have a greater peace of mind knowing your property is safe from intruders or burglars. Unfortunately, neither on-site security guards nor a security system may be able to tell you if you need storm damage repair in Oklahoma City, OK, but that’s okay. You can still experience peace of mind knowing that your property is safe and secure.
Types of On-Site Security
If you have been considering an on-site security company to help protect your property, you do have a few options to choose from. The best way to know what is best for you is to actually talk with a security company, such as Recon Security.
- Observation: With observation security, you will generally have someone posted in an observation spot. This could be outside, inside, or at security monitors observing a live feed. Security guards that work this post are meant to look for signs of trouble or disturbance and act accordingly.
- Foot Patrol: Foot patrolling is one of the most widely utilized types of security. It is essential to protecting your property and your space. An on-site security company will generally provide guards and a plan that will implement this method for protection.
- Vehicle Patrol: If your property is particularly large and foot patrolling will be considered useless. Vehicle patrolling allows for guards to cover large amounts of property in a short amount of time. It can also be intimidating for burglars or intruders if they know they have to outrun a car of some sort.
Doing so will help you understand what will be best for your needs and your budget. On-site security is not the same as something like a bodyguard service, which can be very expensive, albeit very worth it. That in mind, if you are interested in security services of any kind, contact Recon Security. We are a trusted and reputable security company in the area. We offer protection services for a variety of needs. Everything from parking lot patrolling to special events security coverage. Whatever you need, you can depend on us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to hire security guards?
- It will depend if they are simply there armed or not. Security guards, unarmed, usually cost about $12-$20 per hour whereas armed security guards will cost about $18-$25 per hour.
- Do construction sites have security?
- Yes, they do. Most construction sites have expensive equipment and materials that can be hard to replace. To ensure it all remains where it should, many companies invest in patrolling security guards.
- What is patrolling in security?
- It just refers to the fact that a security guard is often assigned to a specific area to patrol. This just means that they have to walk around a certain area making sure everything is in the right place and no one is attempting to steal anything.
- What are the types of security patrolling?
- There are several types of security patrolling such as foot patrolling. This is when one or more people walk around a given area and examine it for normalcy. There is also active security which involves video camera, sensors, and more.
- What is the purpose of security patrol?
- It is to have a constant and vigilant presence over a particular area. This is often necessary for construction sites, parking lots, and other areas where valuables may be easily stolen.